Storytelling Technology Bootcamp
Storytelling Technology Bootcamp NEW
This engaged hands-on “Bootcamp” style workshop is an overview of ways and tools to share personal and communal stories with your family, friends or for wider sharing. It will cover the use of different tools and platforms from micro-blogging, to full out blog tools, e-journaling, use of Facebook as a story collector and more.
The 60 – 90 minute sessions are each designed to be interactive can be taken in any order (with the exception of Storytelling 101 which is a pre-requisite for all of them). Sessions are arranged for 1:1 learning alongside me either in person or online.
Cost: Individual sessions cost $100, a set of three is $275 and the set of 7 session is $595
- Storytelling 101; Start the story
- Journaling & the Cloud; Taking it technical
- Blogging Basics: Getting Started
- Vlogging (Video Blogging): From writing to speaking
- Smartdevice Storytelling (iPhones, Tablets and Androids): Using the tools you have already
- Nomad’s Adventure; traveling and blogging on the road
- Rules of the Road; legal and ethical storytelling
- Insights from Successful Storytellers (free with all sessions)
For more information on fee payment and scheduling for 1:1 sessions or on hosting a group workshop contact me
Resources for further reference include:
Center for Digital Storytelling (CDS) https://www.storycenter.org/
An international nonprofit training, project development, and research organization that assists youth and adults around the world in using digital media tools to craft and record meaningful stories from their lives and share these stories in ways that enable learning, build community, and inspire justice.
The 20 Best New Social Media Tools to Try in 2017 (And How to Use Them) Written by Alfred Lua, which also referenced a nifty “product hunt” to make it easier
The technology of storytelling Joe Sabia. Posted Nov 2011
The Ethics of Virtual Reality Storytelling by David Cohn